To follow research, journals, and general ideas on the struggles of "getting an education." Also to supply insight that can inspire action that provides underrepresented students access to universities.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Ph.D. in Education Thoughts
So I am more comfortable in my plans to pursue a Ph.D. in Education over a Ph.D. in American Studies. I feel like I have a personal stake in what I am doing at the Urban League, and furthermore, my research interests will always be linked to my own personal struggles with inner-city education:not completing high-school and obtaining a GED. A Ph.D. in American Studies while will fuel my passion for criticism and global literature,requires a 2-hour commute and no possibility of working at the same time. The Education Ph.D. I can do part-time while I continue to work in and reasearch, at the same time, the instillation of urban collegiate pipelines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Real Pipelines to Metaphoric Educational Pipelines
1 comment:
Wow, how things have changed! I am doing the Education Ph.D. at U of R. full-time with a research assistantship, which is great.
Post a Comment